12 things you can do today to make your IT more environmentally friendly
Save energy when you:
1. Use LCD monitors instead of CRT monitors
2. Put PCs and Laptops into sleep mode when inactive, and program PCs to "turnoff" each night and before leaving the office for weekends
3. Move servers to virtual machines and consolidating physical machines
Save paper waste when you:
4. Utilize SharePoint (or similar) solution for sharing electronic documents instead of printing on paper
5. Using 15%-30% recycled paper whenever possible<
6. Use double-sided printing
Save carbon emissions when you:
7. Use online conferencing to collaborate with remote colleagues
8. Use secure VPN/telecommuting when possible
9. Use tech support that provides remotely delivered services and monitoring
Save the environment when you:
10. Recycle computer, printers, etc.
11. Reuse or extend the use of hardware when possible
12. Use Green PC (energy efficient PC)
Our "green computing" solutions mean that your computer resources will perform in a more efficient way.
Techcare Green IT starts with computer models that are recognized environmentally friendly products. It extends to Green IT service options like virtualization, power management, remote management and access, and proper recycling habits.
Enterprises across the globe – and right here in Chicago – are increasingly becoming more 'green' conscious. So, it's ideal to rely on a Chicago IT consultant to help your technology reduce energy consumption and your operations become more environmentally responsible.